Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Noob farmer.

Recently I have been caught in this craze of planting vegetables. I am not sure why or how but I feel happy and excited when I see those seeds germinate into seedlings and from the seedling to their first leaf growing out. 

I would not deny the fact that it does take a lot of patience in taking care of them, like some veg needs at least twice watering on hot days. Always remember to shade them off from the scorching sun. When you have too much seedlings, thinning process is a must. Also the right soil is also pretty much important. 

So what have I sowed. Not much for now, but here is a list of it.

  • Leafy lettuce (heat tolerant as I am living quite near to the equator)
  • Bell pepper
  • Baby Roma Tomatoes 
  • Amaranths
  • Pumpkin


My next aim is to plant 
  • Carrots
  • Rounded egg plant
  • Corn


The darn thing is I can't get carrot seeds down here in Kuching... Will try and ask my friends to get em from Australia. 

Here are some photos of my Veggies!
Photobucket
Bell peppers and a few lettuce 

Photobucket
Baby Romas Sprouting... with do some thinning soon

Photobucket
Leafy Lettuce .. some died when I added too much mulch =(


I planted all my veggies in a pot as I don't want to plant them on the ground as they are exposed to many enemies and it is easier to take care of them in this way. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.