Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Puzzle @ Pullman Hotels & Resort Kuching

It was like any other normal day, but it was a bit special as it was a celebration. What was the celebration about? Well, it was a celebration on the completion of my undergraduate studies at Swinburne University ( Sarawak Campus). Finally, I am out into the working world...technically speaking as I am still job hunting. My sister gave me a few choices for places to dine for the celebration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She suggested Pullman. Then I thought about the comments which I have received about the food there and hoped on the opportunity to try it out and to see if it is really that bad. Dinner started around 7. When I arrived the restaurant was not really packed. The atmosphere was good, not much to complain about, I would say the design is minimalistic as the hotel's main aim is to cater for business people.

Once seated we were offered a choice, either à la
carte or buffet. I chose the latter and my sister and mother went for à la carte.

Buffet Choice & Taste
I think the choice given for the buffet was decent, ranging from cold to hot dishes. The choices for desserts was pretty good as they offered various pastries and cake. I was happy as they were offering salmon shashimi and cold boiled lobster. I noticed some of the dishes does not have any name being displayed, which is something that the staff in puzzle has to look into.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Shashimi and some other cold dishes

Photobucket

I thought the food was pretty good, albeit not all are good some are pretty much bland and tasteless but most of it was good. I truly enjoyed the shashimi and also the other cold dishes. The pasta with meat balls was good. The butter fish was not that good as it doesn't have the butter taste to it but more creamy I would say. I like the grilled asparagus which was nice and also the appetizer which my sister ordered which consist of chilled jelly fish, prawns and fish, there is a spicy and sourish taste which makes it really appetizing.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Pasta with meatballs and the supposedly butter fish

As for the steak which if I am not mistaken, is called the Oak Basket was really good, the meat used is cured beef and very well marinated. Make sure you request the steak to be medium rare.

Photobucket
The Oak Basket

Photobucket
Cheese Platter

By the time I wanted to start with the dessert I was quite full so I didn't have much. I tried the jelly cake which tasted ok and another cake which I can't remember the name was quite sweet but not that bad. The tarts are good, love the tarts. As for the macaroons, it was not that great, no doubt the inside was soft but I thought it was pretty much bland.

Photobucket
Desserts comprising of cakes and tarts

Photobucket
Macaroons~

Photobucket

Service
The service was good as the staffs are friendly and would greet you but I won't say excellent as there is space for improvement, as at times they fail to take care the needs of the customers.

So what is my overall impression of puzzle, here is my rating.

For information about Pullman Kuching CLICK HERE

No comments: